Senior Sales Manager APPLY NOW
Melrose and Morgan is a modern, artisan, London-based food company with two delis located in North London, where we have an excellent loyal customer base frequenting our shops. In addition to our two beautiful shops, we offer a gourmet range of Melrose and Morgan branded products across various categories including loaf cakes, jams, chutneys, crackers, chocolates, biscuits, nuts, and shortbreads.
Our highly skilled team is dedicated to crafting a wide range of handmade, seasonal dishes. The company sources the finest ingredients from across the country to provide customers with a diverse selection of quality food products under one roof. With a reputation for excellence in both food and service, Melrose and Morgan is a go-to destination for foodies and discerning shoppers alike.
The brand has received numerous accolades over the years, including recognition from the Great Taste Awards and The Observer Food Monthly Awards. Our commitment to using locally sourced, sustainable ingredients has also earned us a loyal following among environmentally conscious consumers.
Following some recent investment and strong commercial performance, Melrose and Morgan are seeking a highly experienced Sales leader to join our team.
What will you be doing?
Grow the distribution of our products profitably across the UK and internationally, by creating new sales opportunities with high-end food retailers and distributors, and enhancing existing relationships with strategic wholesale customers.
Leading the wholesale business with one direct report, the sales manager, the job holder will be responsible for setting our sales strategy and executing the plan working in conjunction with our Head of Marketing and Sales.
Your role will be to:
• To head up all sales efforts within our wholesale business and closely manage the relationship with all our key distributors and retailers in the UK, Japan and other international partners as we grow;
• Build relationships with key retail customers in the UK, primarily focusing on high end, luxury brands from department stores and expanding to more mainstream channels;
• Lead our sales manager’s activity which will predominantly focus on ensuring a high level of support for our wholesale partners;
• Attend key trade fairs with a view to securing new customer relationships and building distribution;
• Bring management skills and processes to the organisation to help make the team more effective and the processes more efficient;
• As part of the role you will need to select and choose distributors and agents, set pricing strategies, and decide on distribution channels within international markets;
• The job holder will need to coordinate with our Supply Chain team to plan stock level / inventory levels and forecasting with key customers;
• The ability work in conjunction with the marketing department, to represent the Melrose and Morgan brand and communication guidelines within wholesale channels and position it optimally for presentation to customers and within sales channels to consumers;
• Support the marketing team in developing and executing shopper marketing activations at key strategic customer accounts;
Who are we looking for?
• The ideal candidate will have a successful track record within the luxury industry and a track record in new business development and account management;
• Proven sales and management skills with the ability to set and execute on timescales and to keep within a budget;
• Personal trade and industry contacts within our markets would be a big plus in helping to build distribution;
• The job holder will be strategic, have an outgoing and positive personality and excellent interpersonal skills to allow you to build relationships outside of the company, but also within the team;
• A dynamic, self-starter with a passion for building relationships and delivering exceptional results;
• A genuine brand ambassador – ideally a foodie – who can elevate Melrose and Morgan’s standing within the wholesale sector;
• A real team player who can think strategically but is also unafraid to roll up their sleeves where required for the greater good of the business;
• Astute with numbers and strong excel skills when developing joint business plans and working cross functionally with finance and supply chain;
• Strong leadership qualities, proving the ability to guide and inspire other team members; previous line management skills are not necessary but would be considered a plus;
This is a pivotal role in our business with genuine career development and growth opportunities that will allow the successful candidate to forge a great legacy with our business over the next 5 years and beyond.
To apply, please share your CV.|||London|||||||||-nA8x.b5V1ZmeNAL|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false|||